The Tnooz THack initiative rolls on to its next city in September 2011, with a 27-hour hacking event for developers taking place in Boston, USA.
THack is Tnooz’s unique event which brings together travel industry APIs and the development community to brainstorm and and create new digital travel products and web or mobile-based tools.
THack Boston is sponsored by Google,¬†ITA Software and Amadeus. The event will kick off at 9am on Thursday 15 September at ITA Software’s offices in Cambridge, before moving for the majority of the event at Google’ 5CC facility, also in Cambridge, ending at midday on Friday 16 September.
Developers from across the travel, tourism and hospitality industry are welcome to attend, as well as engineers and technicians from local academic institutions such as MIT.
The events is FREE for developers to attend and participate.
Tnooz is coordinating the collection of APIs being made available to those taking part in the event.¬†Confirmed so far include (others to be added in the coming weeks):
- Google Maps
- Android voice control
The event will have the following timetable:
Thursday 15 September:
- 9am to 1pm – ITA Software offices: Introductions, understanding the APIs, brainstorming, working lunch.
- 1pm to 6pm – Google offices: Hacking begins.
- 7pm to 8pm – Google offices: Dinner.
- 8pm to 8am (Friday 16 September) Google offices – Hacking [developers welcome to continue elsewhere, such as hotels, homes, etc]
Friday 16 September:
- 8am – ITA Software offices: Breakfast and presentation of hacks.
- 11.30 – ITA Software offices: Results!
NB: Travel companies wanting to provide an API and developers wishing to attend should contact Tnooz editor Kevin May for more information.
NB2: Commercial sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting Tnooz Americas sales director Jim Craven.