What else is going on in the world of travel tech? A round-up of other stories from across the industry.
- Rural tourism is going social next week with a Facebook and Twitter Love Our Land campaign.¬†The initiative is being run by Our-land.co.uk, the Government-funded rural development programme. Domestic and foreign visitors to England national parks and other rural are being asked to to post what they love about the regions with text, images and video.
- Hostelbookers has partnered with Webloyalty to generate incremental revenue and encourage repeat business. The partnership is available to customers in UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain and will see online bookers rewarded with discounts and cash-back deals from other online retailers.
- Concur is expanding content on its Connect Platform via a series of ground transportation partners including GroundSpan, GroundScope and Limos.com. The additional content will save travellers time and provide companies with greater control over costs and better management information.
- KDS is to provide multi-country rail tickets to corporate customers via a deal with SilverRail Technologies. The deal enables KDS to extend its rail offering into Spain the US and Canada. Sabre-owned GetThere formed a similar partnership with SilverRail in May last year.
- 2e Systems and Vayant Technologies¬†have revealed Austrian Airlines as their second joint customer following a deal last year to provide airBaltic with an integrated airfare shoppping and booking tool.