Travelport released its first quarter results for 2012 today. A quick overview follows:
Top-line Q1 2012:
- Net revenue – $550 million (up from $531 million y/y).
- Operating income – $66 million (down from $79 million y/y).
- Adjusted EBITDA – $140 million (down from $147 million y/y).
Operating segments Q1 2012:
- Americas – 49 million (up from 47 million y/y).
- Europe – 24 million (down marginally from 24 million y/y).
- MEA – 10 million (up marginally from 10 million y/y).
- Asia-Pacific – 15 million (up marginally from 15 million y/y).
- TOTAL – 98 million (up from 96 million y/y).
President and CEO Gordon Wilson says:
“This quarter has seen significant enhancements in our geographical position in the key growth regions of Asia and Africa, as we continue to execute on our strategy.
“Travelport announced a major partnership with AXESS, the GDS owned by Japan Airlines, which will run on Travelport technology by late 2013, as well as the vertical integration of our franchise in Southern Africa.
“Financial performance was solid and in line with our expectations, and we successfully restructured our near term debt.”