What else is going on in the world of travel tech? A round-up of other stories from across the industry…
- New marketing boss for Lastminute.com in Europe and Asia, with Sarah Bartlett coming in from Ask.com to become chief marketing officer. Bartlett, also a senior marketing exec at BT prior to joining Ask.com, will have responsibility for all Lastminute.com’s marketing activities in both regions, as well as similar responsibilities for Travelocity, Holiday Autos and Zuji.
- Travel data and technology company TRX¬†made an acquisition this week, snapping up technology from Nexpense. Details were not disclosed. The system will be integrated into TruExpense, TRX’s native application which allows travellers to capture expense receipt photos with a mobile device. The system then uploads the images into an expense reporting tool. The system is expected to be fully integrated into existing systems over the summer and made available for users via the Apple app store and Android marketplaces.
- Concur is celebrating growth in Europe with an increase in its headcount in the region by 10% and plans to jump by another 25% over the course of the next 12 months. The company says it is also investing in its existing research and development operationd in Paris, London, Prague and Frankfurt.
- Philippines-bound for¬†Hotel Link Solutions¬†as it looks to extend operations in the Asia-Pacific region. The company hopes to target local hoteliers in the country with digital marketing technology to help small and medium-sized businesses. The services are primarily aimed at improving online visibility for hotel brands and encourage online booking.
- WIHP captures Library Hotel Collection chain for its Convert platform. The partnership means WIHP will redesign the chain’s websites for the group and also four individual properties. The Library Hotel Collection was previously known as HKHotels and has properties in New York City, as well as planned openings in Toronto and Budapest.