What else is going on in the world of travel tech? A round-up of other stories from across the industry…
- Upgrade for the Mobilytrip platform this week with a number of new tools for travellers. Central to the system is a new interface which updates a user’s journals in real-time, including uploading of multi-media content. Other features include enhanced journal editing and sharing tools as well as the ability to edit photos within the application (both iPhone and Android).
- Teletext Holidays is the latest app to join the on-demand TIVO TV platform. The Virgin Media-hosted service will have the travel deal service included in its Apps and Games section, allowing users to search for products on the TH system, browse content and guides.
- Greg Berman swings by eRevMax to become its new chief operating officer. He joins from Hotel Bookings Solutions Inc, where he was chief operating officer and chief technology officer over the course of seven years. Berman replaces previous COO Michael McCartan, who has since been promoted to CEO of the hospitality software company.
- TourRadar¬†is hoping to discover the “world’s most amazing tour” by way of combining data from its portfolio of 500+ tour operators. The process will include mining data such as Facebook likes, online revirews, wishlists, retweets, etc to what it claims will be an unbiased result.
- Bold statement from GreenTomatoCars¬†with it claiming to be the first minicab service in Europe to have free wifi-enabled vehicles. Over 300 of the capital’s hybrids, people carriers and exec cars will have the 3G mobile broadband technology fitted.