What else is going on in the world of travel tech? A round-up of other stories from across the industry…
- Travel blog-turned-magazine WildJunket¬†is continuing its expansion into other channels with the launch of a dedicated Apple application to showcase its glossy mag. The mag is available via an interactive app for iPad and iPhone devices, the start of what the company’s founder says is the beginning of other “new and innovative products”.
- Device joy for Hostelbookers, launching its first mobile web-optimised presence this week. The budget accommodation online travel agency now lets users search for properties, check availability and prices, check pictures and descriptions as well as book products.
- Atlas Travel International has chosen e-Travel Technologies to provide travel risk management services to corporate clients. Alerts and traveller tracking tools from e-Traveler Technology will help businesses meet “Duty of Care” obligations.
- Lodging Interactive is extending its range of services via a partnership with advertising agency Masterminds. The company will now offer media planning and brand and product campaigns across television, radio and video production on top of its existing interactive marketing and social media services.
- Click Travel¬†has a new operations director in the guise of Jill Palmer, ex-customer operations director at Mercedez-Benz UK. Prior to joining Click, Palmer ran her business as a consultant to businesses looking to improve customer services and employee engagement.