Seems like the sky is the limit for inflight entertainment at the moment according to the numbers pulled together for this neat infographic from IFE Services.
Inflight revenue is predicted to hit $1.5b by 2015, there was a 60% increase in aircraft equipped with wifi last year compared with 2011 and it seems 75% of those aged 18 to 24 want wifi.
Most popular device brought on board is the smartphone with laptops and tablets about equal in the preference stakes at the moment.
It’s worth throwing in a few¬†TripAdvisor¬†stats here too as the reviews giant has produced its 2013 Air Travel Survey this week. Findings include:
- a quarter would choose one airline over another if it offered wifi
- 37% consider an ipad or tablet a carry-on essential, up 5% from 2012
- 56% are using smartphones for flight status alerts, up 10 percentage points from 2012
- ¬†38% to check-in versus 30% in 2012
- 36% to check flight prices, 30% in 2012
Click on image to view larger version.