Amadeus first quarter 2012 results – at-a-glance summary
Amadeus released its first quarter 2012 results today. A quick overview is as follows:
- Net revenue – Euro 764.1 million (up from Euro 704.3 million y/y).
- Adjusted profit – Euro 167.9 million (up from Euro 137.4 million y/y).
- Adjusted EBITDA – Euro 307.2 million (up from Euro 291.4 million y/y).
- Euro 597.6 million (up from Euro 553.5 million y/y).
- Euro 166.6 million (up from Euro 150.9 million y/y)
President and CEO Luis Maroto says:
“Once again this pleasing performance was underpinned by growth across both our businesses. Distribution’s revenue increased 8.0%, backed by 0.9 p.p. expansion of global market share; whilst IT Solutions’ revenue increased 10.4%, driven by successful migrations to our platform and the strong performance of our different solutions.
“Such consistent growth in revenues as well as new clients is a direct result of our long-term commitment to developing innovative customer-focused solutions and consolidating our global presence.”
Kevin May is a senior editor and one of the co-founders at Tnooz in 2009. He was previously editor of UK-based magazine Travolution and web editor of Media Week UK from 2003 to 2005.
He has worked in regional newspapers (Essex Enquirer) and started his career in journalism at the Police Gazette at New Scotland Yard in London. He has a degree in criminology, a postgraduate diploma in magazine journalism and publishes his first book - a biography about electronic band, Depeche Mode - in 2015.