THack is coming to Bangalore – the first travel hackathon in the Silicon Valley of India
Now, we are bringing THack to the Silicon Valley of India – Bangalore. The event will be held over the course of November 8 to 10.
In addition to this, we are also hosting a travel industry professionals meetup – TMeet (details later in this post).
THack – Event structure
THack Bangalore will be a two-day coding marathon. This festival of technology will start at midday on November 8 end exactly 48 hours later on November 10.
Developers will then be able to demo their hacks the after afternoon to other participants and attendees.
Entry to the event is FREE. Register here.
THack – What you can build?
It is up to you. The only expectation/rule is: the hack or product that is built should be directly related to travel industry. Below are few examples of what you can build:
- A mobile app that will allow the housekeeping staffs at hotels to interact with each other
- The next generation airline website
- Picture-based travel inspiration application
- Travel destination recommendation engine based on user’s social media data
- A Facebook app that will allow people to group-plan their travel
- Semantic search engine for travel industry
THack – Who can participate?
Developers, user interface designers, database specialists, mobile/tablet developers, business professionals who have ideas, or anybody who wants to build a travel technology product/hack.
You can be a single person in a team, or you can form a team of two, three, four or five (max).
THack – Who will judge?
There will be three judges for the THack. Two confirmed judges:
- Mahesh Murthy – Founder of Pinstorm, Managing Partner of SeedFund (investor of redBus)
- Ram Badrinathan – CEO of GlobalTHEN, ex-General Manager of PhoCusWright
- Mukund Mohan – Head of Microsoft Ventures, Investor in 34 startups
THack – What’s in it for you?
Hackers will be given refreshments/snacks during the 48-hour event. Three winning teams will receive:
- First prize: Rs 50,000
- Second prize: Rs 30,000
- Third prize: Rs 20,000
More prizes to be announced.
All THack and TMeet participants will receive Rs 300 FREE credits from UBER, the luxury car rental player.
TMeet – Event structure
The THack demo will end at 6 pm on November 10. Tnooz will host a evening get together of travel industry professionals on November 10 6 pm to 9 pm. Refreshments/snacks will be provided.
Entry to this event is FREE. Register here.
Both the THack and TMeet will happen at Cleartrip’s office in Bangalore (2nd floor, Suraj Ganga Soft Park, JP Nagar Phase 3, Bangalore).
THack + TMeet event sponsor
Venue and refreshments sponsor
Lifestyle and Logistics sponsor
For sponsorship enquiries, contact: Eshan Mehra, email@example.com, +91 8050-890-867.
For other enquiries, contact: Karthick Prabu, firstname.lastname@example.org, +91 9535-041-561
NB: Bangalore image via Shutterstock.