The Scan: Cyber Monday deals, Acentic adds Bose, VisitCuba launches, and more news
Cyber Monday, Acentic, and VisitCuba all make the grade in travel tech for 26 November.
Cyber Monday’s digital deals are also reaching into the travel space. Here are some highlights:
- Jetsetter is offering some sweet deals, with mega deals offering up to 50% off at Morgans and Sofitel Luxury Resorts around the world. 50% off will also be extended for 24 hours in a Mobile Exclusive sale at Stein Erikson Lodge in ParkCity and BodyHoliday on St. Lucia. 12 Days of Christmas starting on 12/4 will extend the deals for a further 12 days.
- Orbitz is offering up 15% off qualifying hotels with the code ‘CYBERORBITZ.’
- Hotel chains Starwood, Loews, Marriott, and the New Orleans Hotel Collection are offering deep discounts on select properties. Extensive state-by-state list here.
- Abercrombie & Kent‘s most popular destinations are available at 50% off discounts.
- United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta and other airlines are offering discounted fares and low add-on rates (such as Delta’s $9 for Economy Comfort promotion) throughout the day.
- Liftopia has been carving up Cyber Monday deals all week, with $32 regular adult lift tickets start at $32 (usually $59) at California’s Mountain High in Wrightwood, and 80% off at Mt. Snow in Vermont, where tickets start at just $17.99.
- Travelzoo has a full listing across segments here.
Acentic has been accepted into the accredited Bose Pro network. Acentic, a provider of in-room entertainment systems for hotels, will now integrate Bose into its Ambient product range to the hospitality industry.
FlightNetwork.com has become the travel booking partner for Travelers Network. FlightNetwork.com, one of Canada’s leaders in online travel, today announced a collaboration with Travelers Network. The new partnership means that the Travelers Network community will be able to book end-to-end trips on site via the integration.
VisitCuba launches, providing an independently curated selection of Cuban tourism information. The website, a project of Canada’s 360 VOX Corporation, was born out of the company’s depth of experience in Cuba.
Guy Chartier of 360 VO: “More than any Caribbean island, Cuba has culture, architecture, music, arts and dance that make it a true world leader. On top of that, it has the world’s finest beaches. We want to share what we’ve found with everyone.” The website will have editorial features, an events calander, videos, photography and practical travel information.
Melhores Destinos, the most visited travel blog in Brazil, launches its new website this week. The new website includes a guide to major world travel destinations, both Brazilian and international airline recommendations, user reviews across segments and complete Facebook integration.
NB: Beach image from Shutterstock.
Nick Vivion is a reporter for Tnooz, based in New Orleans, USA.
His passion for travel technology led him to travel around the world shooting travel videos for Current TV and Lonely Planet TV in 2006 and 2007.
He shot on Mini-DV, edited on a white MacBook, uploaded and shared online as he traveled. His moxie for travel video has resulted in over two million views on his YouTube partner channel.
In addition to travel, Nick co-founded of one of the web’s most talked about LGBT media sites, Unicorn Booty, and has gone "blog-to-brick" with a bricks-and-mortar restaurant called Booty's Street Food in New Orleans – serving street food from around the world.