Travelport third quarter 2012 results – at-a-glance summary
Travelport released its third quarter results for 2012 today. A quick overview follows:
Top-line Q3 2012:
- Net revenue – $489 million (down from $509 million y/y).
- Operating income – $27 million (down from $51 million y/y).
- Adjusted EBITDA – $106 million (down from $118 million y/y).
Top-line year-to-date 2012:
- Net revenue – $1,545 million (down from $1,570 million y/y).
- Operating income – $155 million (down from $196 million y/y).
- Adjusted EBITDA – $366 million (down from $401 million y/y).
Operating segments Q3 2012:
- Americas – 41 million (down from 45 million y/y).
- Europe – 21 million (flat against 21 million y/y).
- MEA – 10 million (up from 9 million y/y).
- Asia-Pacific – 13 million (down from 14 million y/y).
- TOTAL – 85 million (down from 89 million y/y).
Operating segments year-to-date 2012:
- Americas – 133 million (down from 137 million y/y).
- Europe – 65 million (down from 66 million y/y).
- MEA – 30 million (up from 29 million y/y).
- Asia-Pacific – 42 million (down from 43 million y/y).
- TOTAL – 270 million (down from 275 million y/y).
President and CEO Gordon Wilson says:
“We continue to deliver on our strategy as we report a sixth consecutive quarter of RevPas growth, underlying gross margin improvement and strong cash generation.
“In another positive quarter for Travelport, we have further expanded our content offering, increased our customer base, continued the successful deployment of our products and realized significant benefits from our investments in key adjacencies.”
Kevin May is editor and a co-founder of Tnooz. He was previously editor of UK-based magazine Travolution for nearly four years and web editor of Media Week UK from 2003 to 2005.
He has also worked in regional newspapers (Essex Enquirer) and started his career in journalism at the Police Gazette at New Scotland Yard in London. He has a degree in criminology and a postgraduate diploma in magazine journalism.