What Else? Four Seasons, Ebookers, Fodors, Hotel Compete, PriceTravel, Nucleus
What else is going on in the world of travel tech? A round-up of other stories from across the industry?
- Four Seasons is promoting weddings at its properties via an online magazine, blog and iPad application. The luxury group has also unveiled channels on Pinterest and launched a ‘Pin Your Dream Wedding’ competition’, and Twitter. A wedding tab has also been added to the brand’s Facebook page. An Android application will be available via Google Play later this month.
- Ebookers is giving travellers the ability to compare flights to more than 45 destinations via its Price Tracker technology. The functionality allows users to search for flights over a four month period with results displayed on a graph. Price Tracker also enables users to filter searches by cabin class and airline and the service is accessible via the OTA’s mobile site.
- Fodor’s Travel has relaunched its city guides applications for iPhone and iPad. The guides are now free and enable travellers to book hotels via Expedia Affiliate Network, restaurants via OpenTable and concert and events tickets from Tickets Now without leaving the application. The apps are powered by Red Foundry’s Fusion platform which aims to integrate content publishers with feature and service providers. The apps also feature offline maps.
- Hotel Compete is drawing scores posted on the top eight hotel review sites to compile its new Guest Review Rankings Report. Scores on each site are analysed to understand what constitutes a normal or average score for each site. The GRR report is based on the top 25 US hotel markets with properties rated one to 10 enabling those in the same class to be compared.
- Mexico-based online agency PriceTravel is claiming a first in Latin America by enabling cruises to be booked directly from its site as well as via 100 travel kiosks in shopping centres and department stores in the destination. The OTA currently offers cruise brands from Royal Caribbean International and the agency plans to offer all major cruiselines as well as cruise packages by the end of 2012.
This is the team byline for Tnooz.