SOCIAL – Product news, launches and more – August 2013
The latest social news, launches and more from around the travel, tourism and hospitality industry in August 2013.
Thursday 29 August 2013:
- TripAdvisor promotes Marc Charron to head TripAdvisor for Business unit. Charron takes up the position made vacant from the departure of Christine Petersen who left in April after eight years with the company. Prior to becoming the new president of T4B, Charron ran the user review giant’s business in various locations around Asia-Pacific and also oversaw TripAdvisor’s launch in Europe in 2006.
Tuesday 27 August 2013:
- Kayak turns to TrustYou and OTAs to provide user reviews. The reputation management company will capture review summaries and an aggregated ratings whilst the likes of Kayak’s online travel agency partners (Booking.con, Travelocity and Priceline et al) will feed into reviews from customers. The switch coincides with a new homepage for the metasearch brand.
Thursday 22 August 2013:
- TrustYou throws reputation management tools at restaurants. The service will include monitoring review services such as OpenTable, ViaMichelin, TripAdvisor, Facebook, Twitter at al so restaurateurs can understand more about and react to comments from guests. Areas covered in the analytics will include overall experience, quality of food and beverage, location, service and price.
Wednesday 14 August 2013:
- Gogobot [TLabs here] has added a new feature both to its web platform and mobile apps that will allow users to create trips and share it with their friends and family. Once the plan is shared with a group (one or more person), everybody sees a single (and updated) copy of it.
- SOCIAL – Product news, launches and more – July 2013
- SOCIAL – Product news, launches and more – June 2013
- SOCIAL – Product news, launches and more – May 2013
NB: Social signals image via Shutterstock.
This is the byline used for stats, roundups, bits of housekeeping and other generic articles from Tnooz.