Travel SYSTEMS – Product news, launches and more – September 2013
The latest systems news, launches and more from around the travel, tourism and hospitality industry in September 2013.
Wednesday 25 September 2013:
- Crisis response specialist Global Rescue has released GRID, a comprehensive emergency management system. The company claims it to be ”the only fully integrated travel risk and crisis response management tool” that allows for real-time alerts, direct communication, and a location-based overview of all employees.
Friday 13 September 2013:
- Multicom and HitchHiker form strategic partnership. The travel technology suppliers have agreed to cooperate in three areas: content aggregation, caching of data and payment processing. The pair say the partnership will avoid “redundant developments associated with integration and maintenance of third party content”.
Wednesday 11 September 2013:
- Nor1 and InterContinental Hotels extend partnership as chain rolls out up-selling tools globally. The Big Data-led technology provider initially started working with IHG’s Resorts brand, giving hotel managers the opportunity to evaluate and optimise ancillary revenue opportunities through its its eStandby Upgrade tool. Each of the nine brands under the IHG umbrella will now utilise the platform, covering 4,600 hotels in 100 countries.
Monday 9 September 2013:
- Karibu Travel signs technology agreement with Travelport. The renewal of an existing, 15-year agreement sees the Tanzanian travel management company with a string of services including the Smartpoint desktop, Mobile Agent, Agentivity and eTravel back office tools.
Wednesday 4 September 2013:
- In the US, the TSA has announced an expansion of TSA Pre-Check to be completed by the end of this year. The expedited screening program will be implemented in 60 new airports, bringing the total served to 100. The existing 40 airports will also see additional dedicated lanes during the same time period.
Monday 2 September 2013:
- Wipro, the Indian IT major in partnership with Qatar Airways, has launched various IT-enabled enterprise and mobility products for the aviation industry. Enterprise solutions include products for crew management, route profitability analysis, loyalty management, in-flight catering, aircraft maintenance planning and crisis management. Mobility solutions include products for pilots, cabin crew and flight dispatchers. In September last year, Wipro and Qatar Airways partnered to research and develop the portfolio by bringing together Wipro’s IT expertise, and Qatar Airways’ aviation expertise. Qatar CEO Akbar Al Baker says that these solutions have played a key role in enhancing customer service and operational efficiency of the airline. The duo also has plans of launching these products in a license based or Software as a Service model.
Sunday 1 September 2013:
- ParStream collaborates with BD4Travel for Big Data-led travel management. The partnership will give tour operators, online travel agencies, hotels and airlines the chance to analyse complex travel data such as offers, customer search behaviour and trends in real-time. BD4Travel will also act as a reseller of ParStream systems.
- SYSTEMS – Product news, launches and more – August 2013
- SYSTEMS – Product news, launches and more – July 2013
- SYSTEMS – Product news, launches and more – June 2013
- SYSTEMS – Product news, launches and more – May 2013
NB: Tech systems image via Shutterstock.
This is the byline used for stats, roundups, bits of housekeeping and other generic articles from Tnooz.