2016 was Tnooz’s seventh full year of operation, and the end of the year is a time to look back.
We’ve compiled lists of our most-read articles, most-shared, and most-commented-on articles of the past year. The headlines are fairly self-explanatory, so without further ado…
Here are your 16 from 2016, in reverse order:
16. Google creates a Playbook for travel
15. Booking.com’s BookingSuite chief talks RateManager and hotel strategy
14. Expedia axes strategy of dimming hotels that apparently offer low value
13. What does Pokemon Go mean for the travel industry?
12. How Booking.com dominates hotel bookings in two simple charts
11. Why mobile travel chat will revolutionize online travel bookings
10. Why Google woke up and smelt the travel coffee
9. The state of online travel agency bookings in charts
8. Hafner isn’t having it — Kayak’s CEO critiques Google, Airbnb, and others
7. Virgin Atlantic feels force of Chinese social media after alleged racist incident
6. Airlines shouldn’t worry about Google Flights’ latest moves
5. HomeAway may face a class action by owners over its new guest fee
4. Google shows its potential to ruin the dreams of travel destination apps
3. Priceline Group CEO Darren Huston quits over conduct with employee
2. HomeAway tweaks its rental commissions, adds traveler fee
1. Why you should never consider a travel planning startup
Here are your most-shared articles, according to BuzzSumo, in reverse order:
5. What does Pokemon Go mean for the travel industry?
4. Why travel needs to design mobile-first customer journeys
3. How rail is challenging air travel’s supremacy [Sponsored by Sabre]
2. In a first, Expedia promotes a hotel’s loyalty rates and rewards program
1. TripAdvisor scraps bookings for hundreds of attractions featuring animals
Here are your most-commented-on articles, in reverse order:
5. LeisureLink shuts down
4. Why you should never consider a travel planning startup
3. HomeAway’s new fee sparks some anger the company tries to quell
2. HomeAway may face a class action by owners over its new guest fee
1. HomeAway tweaks its rental commissions, adds traveler fee
Have a Happy New Year, from the Tnooz team.