SITA new CEO, Navis heads to LATAM, Viator adds an APAC leader, and more…
This is a roundup of news and announcements for PEOPLE moves in travel, tourism and hospitality for March 2016:
Wednesday 30 March 2016:
SITA names new CEO
- Barbara Dalibard will replace current CEO Francesco Violante when he steps down later on this year. Dalibard joins from French rail operator SNCF where she CEO of its Voyageurs division, with earlier stints at Orange, Equant and France Telecom.
Tuesday 29 March 2016:
Navis heads to LATAM
- The hospitality technology provider will have recently appointed Robert Mendez as international systems consultant to spearhead its push into Latin America from the Florida, US base. Mendez was previously a senior figure for Booking.com in the same region.
Friday 18 March
Viator creates a GM role for Asia-Pacific
- TripAdvisor’s tours-and-activities brand has created a general manager role for key regions in APAC and Southeast Asia. It has appointed Anita Ngai, who previously headed up strategy and business development for The Link Asset Management in Hong Kong, a real estate investment trust, and was previously Hotels.com’s head of marketing for the region.
Thursday 17 March:
Immfly invites long-term adviser on board
- The Barcelona-based inflight entertainment specialist has recruited Juan Carlos Iglesias to the team to focus on international expansion. Iglesias has been an investor and adviser to Immfly since the company was created.
Friday 11 March 2016:
Amadeus bolsters UK team as commercial boss leaves
- Kevin Myhill and Liz Emmott will join the commercial team as head of corporate direct and head of sales respectively, based at Gatwick Airport. The appointments of the ex-Vistair and AMEX execs come as commercial director Maria Whiteman leaves the company after three years.
CheckedIn gets some advisors
- The mobile concierge and messaging platform has recruited three heavyweights to its advisory board: Fred Kleisner (ex-president and CEO of Hard Rock Hotel), Alan Tantleff (head of FTI Consulting) and Chekitan Dev (Cornell academic).
Ola hires tech VP
- Sunil Shirguppi becomes transportation app’s executive team as vice president of engineering, with a focus on overseeing its machine learning and data science disciplines. Shirguppi joins from Goldman Sachs, where he was a vice president, having had stints at LinkedIn and Electronic Arts.
Wednesday 9 March 2016:
HotelsPro expands to Florida
- The Turkey-based hotel IT and reservation provider will open a regional office in the US, moving south from New York City. The centre will be run by Susan Barjan as regional director.
Tuesday 8 March 2016:
Choice Hotels recruits to meet demand and distribution
- Nicolas Alsterdal, former total profit manager of Nordic Choice Hotels, has been appointed director of revenue management for the European portfolio. Also joining from Nordic Choice Hotels is former ecommerce boss Tess Mattisson who now becomes director of European marketing with responsibilities including online, social media and brand marketing.
Mantic Point brings in business travel expert
- Paul Saggar, director of digital strategy at Capita Travel and Events, has been appointed a non-executive director at mobile application specialist Mantic Point. Saggar will work with the team to drive the adoption of apps.
Wednesday 2 March 2016:
Jrrny gets exec on-board
- Former HotelTonight manager of product and strategy, Chris Castello, has joined the online travel guide’s board of advisers. Castello, who is currently general manager at Luxe, the on-demand ground transportation startup, will work alongside angel investor Ted Ackerley and Howard Lee, ex-CEO of Spoken.
Tuesday 1 March 2016:
RedAwning gets business development bosses
- Drew Ewing and Blake Awakuni join the vacation rental reservation and channel manager service company as directors of business development. Awakuni has worked for Expedia, Statiomn Casinos, CheapTickets and, most recently, Booking.com. Ewing was CEO rental company in the US and an executive at MyBookingPal.
GoMedia gets new MD
- The on-board entertainment provider has recruited Roger Matthews to become its new managing director. He joins from Sky’s wifi access service The Cloud and has previously worked for the Vodafone and 3 mobile networks.
NB: People image via Shutterstock.
This is the team byline for Tnooz.