Wanderu expands to Europe, Avoya agency promos, GoEuro affiliate launch, and more…
This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel marketing in tourism and hospitality for January 2017.
Monday 30 January 2017:
Wanderu expands to Europe
- The US-based ground transportarion search service has added European product to its inventory, covering 1,000 destinations in the main tourist markets. The launch drive has come about through partnerships with National Express (UK), FlixBus (Germany) and OuiBus (France), with plans to other content from 160 bus and rail operators in the coming months.
Avoya creates agency promotion tool
- The Agency Marketing Platform allows independent agencies to create multi-platform campaigns, designs and messages for deals and partnerships established through Avoya’s existing relationships with cruise, tour and resort companies. Other services including email newsletters, social media activity and direct mail capability.
GoEuro launches affiliate service
- The multi-modal search engine will now give travel agents the opportunity to earn a commission on bookings if they place a GoEuro button, text links or banners on their websites or apps. Offline agents will be offered the same deal through referrals or in-store promotions to customers.
Tuesday 24 January 2017:
- Independent hoteliers on the TravelClick roster will be able to use ecommerce provider Weebly to create content management systems, websites and custom pages. The agreement also includes SEO and email marketing services.
- The India-based online reputation management service will integrate the ability to add a review on TripAdvisor within its feedback platform for hotels. RepUp currently works with the likes of Radisson Hitec City, ITC Welcom Heritage, Fortune, Lemontree Hotels, Fabhotels and Pride Hotels.
Thursday 19 January 2017:
- The Expedia Media Solutions division has developed a microsite with an interactive Q&A so that potential visitors can discover different activities and parts of the state, based on their preferences. The two-month campaign is being supported by a virtual reality-based showcase at various consumer shows in the US.
Tuesday 17 January 2017:
- The hospitality group will use TrustYou for analysis of guest feedback that is left on online platforms and posted on social media channels. The chain has more than 100 hotels in 19 countries, bringing in around four million guests on an annual basis.
UK government uses VR for travel advice
- A three-minute film from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office17, depicting fictional explorer Phileas Fogg, allows users to watch how he prepares for the famed jaunt around the globe by taking tips and recommendations on health, safety and things to remember. The interactive video was produced by Brandwidth.
Thursday 12 January 2017:
Kayak launches in India
- The Priceline Group-owned travel search brand has formally entered the Indian market, under the stewardship of Imbert Fung as its director for South East Asia and India. The site will initially offer flights, car rentals and flights, with cruise, packages and activities expected to follow.
Wednesday 11 January 2017:
HomeAway gets away from it all
- The new marketing campaign from the vacation rental giant is voiced by actor and comedian Nick Offerman, running under the tag-line “GetHomeAway From It All”.The ad will be aired on TV in the US and across Europe, with online activity to support it. The campaign was created by Saatchi & Saatchi, with planning and buying from Blue449.
Tuesday 3 January 2017:
Jambojet matches gifts
- Matchbyte has developed a web platform for the Kenyan low-cost carrier so that it can sell e-vouchers to passengers for their friends, family members and colleagues. The system was built on top of the existing reservation system so that gifts can be redeemed immediately for tickets.
NB: Travel devices image via Shutterstock.
This is the team byline for Tnooz.