Arizona adventurous with Expedia, FCO puts Phileas Fogg in VR, and more…
This is a roundup for product news and announcements for travel marketing in tourism and hospitality for January 2017.
Thursday 19 January 2017:
- The Expedia Media Solutions division has developed a microsite with an interactive Q&A so that potential visitors can discover different activities and parts of the state, based on their preferences. The two-month campaign is being supported by a virtual reality-based showcase at various consumer shows in the US.
Tuesday 17 January 2017:
- The hospitality group will use TrustYou for analysis of guest feedback that is left on online platforms and posted on social media channels. The chain has more than 100 hotels in 19 countries, bringing in around four million guests on an annual basis.
UK government uses VR for travel advice
- A three-minute film from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office17, depicting fictional explorer Phileas Fogg, allows users to watch how he prepares for the famed jaunt around the globe by taking tips and recommendations on health, safety and things to remember. The interactive video was produced by Brandwidth.
Thursday 12 January 2017:
Kayak launches in India
- The Priceline Group-owned travel search brand has formally entered the Indian market, under the stewardship of Imbert Fung as its director for South East Asia and India. The site will initially offer flights, car rentals and flights, with cruise, packages and activities expected to follow.
Wednesday 11 January 2017:
HomeAway gets away from it all
- The new marketing campaign from the vacation rental giant is voiced by actor and comedian Nick Offerman, running under the tag-line “GetHomeAway From It All”.The ad will be aired on TV in the US and across Europe, with online activity to support it. The campaign was created by Saatchi & Saatchi, with planning and buying from Blue449.
Tuesday 3 January 2017:
Jambojet matches gifts
- Matchbyte has developed a web platform for the Kenyan low-cost carrier so that it can sell e-vouchers to passengers for their friends, family members and colleagues. The system was built on top of the existing reservation system so that gifts can be redeemed immediately for tickets.
NB: Travel devices image via Shutterstock.
This is the team byline for Tnooz.