What content pushes a sale on vacation rental websites? [INFOGRAPHIC]
As many (in Europe at least) head off on an annual holiday, here’s a look at some of the latest trends in the vacation rental sector.
The infographic put together by Netamatix contains lots of interesting facts and figures including which social networks (TripAdvisor, Facebook and YouTube) people turn to for advice and the top reasons consumers choose vacation rental.
Here are a few highlights:
- The average traveller visits four vacation rental websites and enquires about seven properties before booking
- 83% are more likely to make an enquiry if there are more than 20 photos
- Website visitors are 64% more likely to make an enquiry if the description of a property is more than 2,000 characters – 39% of descriptions are less than 500 characters
- 25% have booked a travel service because of an unexpected email
- 89% want to be able to check the lowest fares, 85% want a low price guarantee and 85% want photos of rooms and facilities.
Linda Fox is deputy editor for Tnooz. For the past eight years she has worked as a freelance journalist across a range of B2B titles including Travolution, ABTA Magazine, Travelmole and the Business Travel Magazine.
In this time she has also undertaken corporate projects for a number of high profile travel technology, travel management and research companies.
Prior to her freelance career she covered hotels and technology news for Travel Trade Gazette for seven years. Linda joined TTG from Caterer & Hotelkeeper where she worked on the features desk for more than five years.