What else? Momondo app, Southwest aircraft, Delta wifi, Isango US, Pegasus mobile
What else is going on in the world of travel tech? A round-up of other stories from across the industry.
- Momondo has developed an Android application enabling users to search for flights. Results can be saved on the device or shared with friends. The app, which is available in ten languages, joins a similar service for iPhone launched in May.
- As part of its fleet modernization plan, Southwest Airlines will be the launch customer for Boeing’s 737 MAX aircraft, with delivery of the first of 150 aircraft slated for 2017. Among the aircraft’s tech features, Southwest says its LEAP-1B engines will trim fuel burn and CO2 emissions, when compared with the most fuel-efficient single-aisle planes, by 10-11%.
- Ya, it must be Christmas-Hanukah-Kwanzaa season. Delta Air Lines is teaming with wifi provider Gogo and eBay to offer travelers 30 minutes of free Wi-Fi onboard 660 mainline and regional aircraft in the US through January 2, 2012. Once onboard and given the go-ahead, travelers open a browser in their wifi-enabled devices, look for an eBay promotion on the homepage and just click a “Give Me Free Wi-Fi” button, the airline says. And none of the partners mind, although it’s not required, if you do a little shopping on eBay while you are online.
- Tours and activities specialist Isango has unveiled an attraction park ticket website under the brand Love Orlando Tickets. The website has been tested on UK, Ireland, Canada, Germany and Brazil consumers over the past three months and follows the launch of a London theatre breaks website earlier this year.
- Pegasus Solutions is enabling hotels using RezView NG to design native applications for Apple and Android devices and tablets via RezView Mobile. Utell Hotels & Resorts has already taken advantage of the technology with an app available for both Apple and Android. Last week Pegasus announced the launch of OpenFlex helping hotels to design mobile websites.
This is the team byline for Tnooz.